'92 Range Rover
    User Name
    Funrover
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Thanks Given

Default Eagle Rock. X-post from CO4x4

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=161592

Looks like is still doable just be carefull!

Default Re: Eagle Rock. X-post from CO4x4

Nice. He did it without chains.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Looks fun! I like all the ice sections. We used to love to run Carnage Boulder when it was icy like that. Makes for a fun time...

It is doable but the first part was a lot of work for my light Sami!!! The Tacoma that was with me wasn't having nearly the traction issues that I was.

Nick

Last Online
    May 13th, 2019
    4x4
    '92 Range Rover
    User Name
    Funrover
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Thanks Given

Rocfrog previously posted:
    "It is doable but the first part was a lot of work for my light Sami!!! The Tacoma that was with me wasn't having nearly the traction issues that I was.

Nick"

When did you last go?

Funrover previously posted:
    "When did you last go?"

Um, it was weekend before last so the 17th, that's my Sami in that Colorado thread....

I made it up the first hill just fine, but didn't try the second one because another group came up and had fuel issues so we helped them back down, and it was getting late in the day.

Nick

Good to see ya on here again Nick. Any interest in coming along this Saturday?

As for chains, I don't own a set, and don't really feel the need to purchase any. If its really that bad, I'd rather not be there anyways. Airing down a bunch seems more then sufficient to me. There is a "snow wheeling" thread over on Pirate, and I don't think I've seen a single rig that had chains on in it. I'm sure they help in some conditions, but so far I haven't found a huge need.

JH

Haku previously posted:
    "....I'm sure they help in some conditions...."

Night and day. A stocker with chains can make a locked rig on 35s look silly. I need to get some.

That said, chains won't help a stocker clear rocks. (captain obvious)

Haku previously posted:
    "Good to see ya on here again Nick. Any interest in coming along this Saturday?

As for chains, I don't own a set, and don't really feel the need to purchase any. If its really that bad, I'd rather not be there anyways. Airing down a bunch seems more then sufficient to me. There is a "snow wheeling" thread over on Pirate, and I don't think I've seen a single rig that had chains on in it. I'm sure they help in some conditions, but so far I haven't found a huge need.

JH"

Hey Josh! Ya I come over here and lurk every once and awhile, just don't post much.

Not sure what we got going on on Saturday it the wife and I's anniversary so probably not but if I can squeeze it in maybe I'll make it up there. Trying to take it easy on the Zuk until I get gears, with the 33's I'm going thru clutches like you wouldn't believe! And I'm daily driving it right now so I can't afford for it to go down...

Nick

No worries dude. I know how it is with the gears. If you do manage to burn through that clutch, I highly recommend the Petroworks HD clutch. Beat the crap out of it and half slipped it a lot, and it just held up to the abuse. I know my Samurai wasn't a big fan of the 31's with a 4 to 1 t-case, so I imagine its even worse with the stock case. Either way, it would be cool to see ya on Eagle Rock saturday, but I wouldn't push it, with it being your Anniversary and all. Defintely will have to get out wheeling again sometime.

JH