4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

Default Buy Bestop - Support the Mexican Economy

About 140 workers will lose their jobs by spring as one of Broomfield's largest companies moves its manufacturing operations to Mexico.
    Bestop, a manufacturer of soft tops, hardtops and accessories for the Jeep Wrangler and other sport utility vehicles, is in the process of closing its Broomfield manufacturing plant. Bestop's parent company, Magna International, announced Thursday it will move its production lines to a factory in Mexico.

The decision was driven by "difficult economic conditions facing the North American auto industry due to reduced domestic production and customer demands," said Tracy Fuerst, Magna International's spokeswoman. The transition is under way and should be complete by the end of April, Fuerst said. Employees were notified in March layoffs would be coming.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Default Re: Buy Bestop - Support the Mexican Economy

Hell, I thought that we were already doing the best we could to support the Mexican economy! With all of the illegals with citizens rights over here working now, everything in both English and Espanol, etc, etc....

We are doing a helluva job supporting Malaysia and China, too, but those folks tend to live and work in their own countries....

Last Online
    August 20th, 2014
    4x4
    2011 Ram 1500
    User Name
    RockyMtnHigh
    Real Name
    Jock
    Thanks Given

Brody previously posted:
    "We are doing a helluva job supporting Malaysia and China"

Don't forget India too.

The decision was driven by "difficult economic conditions facing the North American auto industry due to reduced domestic production and customer demands," said Tracy Fuerst, Magna International's spokeswoman. The transition is under way and should be complete by the end of April, Fuerst said. Employees were notified in March layoffs would be coming.

I think thats a line of crap, I had a best top big wig in the shop a few months ago and he told me that yes the OE side was way down because of Jeep but with people keeping their old Jeeps instead of buying new ones their aftermarket side was way up almost off setting the OE side and as a whole they were only showing a 10% decline in business. Just another companies excuss to leave the US for cheaper labor and higher profits. I wonder how long they will stay in Mexico before jumping over to China when no ones looking.

Last Online
    February 15th, 2014
    4x4
    2004 Nissan Xterra
    User Name
    Andrew
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Thanks Given

RockyMtnHigh previously posted:
    "Don't forget India too."

I seem to have saved some of these for all sorts of situations....these fit.

Last Online
    April 6th, 2019
    4x4
    Toyota/Scout/Nissan
    User Name
    Patrolman
    Real Name
    Jeff
    Thanks Given

billsbar previously posted:
    "I wonder how long they will stay in Mexico before jumping over to China when no ones looking. "

Ditto...

Welcome to the United States of Foreign Countries, we hope you will enjoy your illegal immigration and outsourcing!

Last Online
    August 20th, 2014
    4x4
    2011 Ram 1500
    User Name
    RockyMtnHigh
    Real Name
    Jock
    Thanks Given

Andrew previously posted:
    "I seem to have saved some of these for all sorts of situations....these fit."

:lol: Holy chit, "tell Sandeep I will need some photo copies!"

One of the guys I have to mess with on a daily basis name is Sandeep.

When our company purposed shipping the smaller jobs off to India, they sold it as they would be a valuable addiiton and were very capable of performing those duties without any problem as they were studying technology that hadn't been invented yet. :lol: I kind of laughed at that, but if that were truly the case, I would be amazed as they can't perform simple duties in the equipment that has been around for 40+ years.

It seems as in most cases when talking to Dell, Dish or Direct TV customer service, they are reading from a script/playbook and when the situation sways from it, they are lost and have no clue what to do except repeat the script. The good news is they are doing away with the off-shore portions and bringing it back, our customer ratings dropped as a result of the outsource. The outsourcing of the responsibilities has also made more work than being helpful to us as we are having to pick up the issues and start all over when our VPs have been notified by the customers that issues have been going on for 5+ hours with no resolve.

Last Online
    January 21st, 2018
    4x4
    97 Dodge Ram 1500
    User Name
    KnuckleHead
    Real Name
    Happy
    Thanks Given

Maybe we should all move down there and see how they like it when we take there jobs and money away from them and their families. They come here and cant even speak English..... whats wrong with this country..... I love the USA but come on give us all a break....

85fsbronco previously posted:
    "Maybe we should all move down there and see how they like it when we take there jobs and money away from them and their families. They come here and cant even speak English..... whats wrong with this country..... I love the USA but come on give us all a break...."

dont forget to multiply like rabbits. THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A CONTRACEPTIVE?

Last Online
    August 20th, 2014
    4x4
    2011 Ram 1500
    User Name
    RockyMtnHigh
    Real Name
    Jock
    Thanks Given

WINKY previously posted:
    "dont forget to multiply like rabbits. THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A CONTRACEPTIVE?"

I am going to start off by saying, I am an American, but my heritage is that of Irish/Mexican. There is a joke about why Mexican families are so large (My mom is one of 13 brothers and sisters) anyway, they have so many kids because they are too poor to afford cable. We got to find other ways to keep ourselves entertained! :lol:

LMAO

i mainly meant that having so many kids ='s more free government benefits for them.

Last Online
    December 19th, 2020
    4x4
    2008 FJ Cruiser/1982 FJ40
    User Name
    Rob
    Real Name
    Rob
    Thanks Given

"... my heritage is that of Irish/Mexican."

So, Jock, got a good recipe for corn beef and cabbage burritos?

By the way, my ex-wife has been doing commercial awning work and the like for years. I might suggest she start getting into custom soft-top work for rigs. Couldn't get any more "Made in the USA" than that.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

"I am going to start off by saying, I am an American, but my heritage is that of Irish/Mexican."

That's interesting...I am actually Masai/Irish/Dutch myself though LaDawn still disputes the Masai part....

Here is a picture of some of my relatives doing the Masai 'hot foot dance'. LaDawn looks at me a little strangely when I feel the heartbeat of the mother country and I start doing this around the house. Ahhh.......the heritage some of us have...Some people just don't understand...

i agree with happy. and what randy said my codriver armondo has 41 siblings. hes 27 his dads 75 yrs old.

Last Online
    May 13th, 2015
    4x4
    1990 K5 Blazer
    User Name
    ShutUpHippie
    Real Name
    Rob
    Thanks Given

I really wanted one of those soft tops from BestTop... we'll have to see about it now.

Last Online
    May 25th, 2023
    4x4
    2021 Gladiator Diesel
    User Name
    Aaron
    Real Name
    Aaron Phillips
    Thanks Given

Interestingly enough, in any country, the average number of children per family is directly inverse to the level of industrialization of that country. That is, as the level of industrialization goes up, the number of children goes down. The cause of this can be debated but those are the facts. Mexico is much less industrialized than we are so they have more kids.

Interesting fact: If you take into account birth rate alone, a birth rate of 2.2ish kids per family is required to keep population levels level (due to infant and child mortality). We have a birthrate of 2.1 kids per family so without some immigration, our population would actually be on the decline.

I thought I also heard that we were actually in a state of reverse immigration right now where more foreign residents are leaving than coming in...

aphillips76 previously posted:
    "I thought I also heard that we were actually in a state of reverse immigration right now where more foreign residents are leaving than coming in..."

good.

Last Online
    May 25th, 2023
    4x4
    2021 Gladiator Diesel
    User Name
    Aaron
    Real Name
    Aaron Phillips
    Thanks Given

WINKY previously posted:
    "good."

All that being said, Bestop just lost my business.

i wrote them and told them many offroad groups are going to boycott them now that they sent work off to mexico. i was nice about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast