Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Project $500!

Default Re: Project $500!

I'll send him a PM right now! Thanks!

Got so decent work done on the bumper today. wish I could keep working on it but have a bunch of other thing I need to get done today. Anyways pictures are pretty self explanitory. I bought some shackle hangers, D-Ring mounts and Lights for it today too. I cant wait to have it finished It is going to be way beefier and way nicer looking than whats on there right now! This metal is ridiculously thick. Unfortunately its thicker than I wanted and it takes FOREVER to cut with a cut off wheel, but in the end it will be a much better/stronger product...

Last Online
    January 2nd, 2014
    4x4
    1988 Toyota Landcruiser (FJ62)
    User Name
    Mporter
    Real Name
    Matt
    Thanks Given

is that 3/8? Why would you want to fortify a tank more?

Because the metal was pretty cheap from C and M Metals. Plus you can never have TOO much Protection.

Btw Matt, How is your bumper coming along?

Last Online
    January 2nd, 2014
    4x4
    1988 Toyota Landcruiser (FJ62)
    User Name
    Mporter
    Real Name
    Matt
    Thanks Given

Still in pieces But we're working on it today. Probably gonna get the holes marked for the brackets and possibly drilling em. I am hoping to have this done over spring break (yes that's a deadline).

But other than that, good.

Last Online
    January 7th, 2020
    4x4
    75 International Scout
    User Name
    scout man
    Real Name
    Steve
    Thanks Given

74fj40 previously posted:
    "I'll send him a PM right now! Thanks!"

I dont think I ever got one from you, but my PM box filled up at one point. I am going to make myself go through and measure all the shocks I have monday... tuesday at the latest, and I will post up everything I have on my "tons of stuff" thread in the for sale section. It will definitely be cheaper to get them from me than at the store, and they are all brand new. I will let you know what I have.

Sounds good man, I'll be in contact with you!

Well a small update. Nothing really. since wheeling season snuck up on me...(yet again) I have decided to wait to spend a bunch of money on a tcase doubler, expecially since the 4runner needs new tires, I have another engine that I need to build for another project, and I was hoping to buy a new mountain bike this season as well. SO I'm going to finish the wiring, build a front driveshaft, put some shocks in the rear, build a skid plate and time to have some fun again.

Wheeling season is NOW. See you all out there!

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

[QUOTE=74fj40;90966]Because the metal was pretty cheap from C and M Metals. Plus you can never have TOO much Protection. /QUOTE]

In the interest of saving you some money and having you drive a little farther, Altitude Steel has a huge amount of steel in their scrap bin that they will sell to FR members for $.50 per pound. A lot of it is in new shape and is considerably cheaper than new steel at C&M. I know they are quite a bit closer to you, so it depends on how much steel and how much money you want to spend.

That steel for that rig for a bumper is serious overkill. Looks like it would work better on a 69 Dodge Power Wagon...the military version...

I'm honestly not to worried about the bumper, I can't imagine it making THAT big of a difference.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234