August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Default Re: No runs for September...definitely needs to ch

Haku previously posted:
    "
    I've noticed a bunch of "trail reports" of trips that weren't posted up as a run for anyone to come on. Its not very hard to post these up, and there is usually someone to come along on the trip, especially something easy like a lot of them have been. Even throwing up a post saying, "Hey, I'm planning a last minute trip, anyone wanna come along" is great, and something I have done a couple times. I do like stuff that is a bit challenging at least, but there are plenty here who like to keep it mild sometimes too. I'll have these runs posted up soon too.

JH
    "

I noticed this, too,and looked back to see if I had missed something and found nothing posted on the calendar or anywhere else.

What is up with this, anyway?

Last Online
    February 29th, 2016
    4x4
    1985 4Runner
    User Name
    4Runninfun
    Real Name
    Jon
    Thanks Given

Haku previously posted:
    "I've noticed a bunch of "trail reports" of trips that weren't posted up as a run for anyone to come on. Its not very hard to post these up, and there is usually someone to come along on the trip, especially something easy like a lot of them have been. Even throwing up a post saying, "Hey, I'm planning a last minute trip, anyone wanna come along" is great, and something I have done a couple times. I do like stuff that is a bit challenging at least, but there are plenty here who like to keep it mild sometimes too. I'll have these runs posted up soon too.

JH"

Some people like their solitude...

for more of an explanation i go on tuesdays, which are my sat/sun. not many people can go during the week. and even fewer people want to be out the door between 6-6:30 which i typically am. Besides i find i enjoy going by myself. i go at my own pace, which is pretty quick. i see what i want stop when i want and generally have a good time with my co-pilot. Also i figure by now if you're paying attention it's pretty obvious what i'm doing on tuesdays if anyone wants to go all they gotta do is shoot me a pm and ask what direction i'm headed.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

4Runninfun previously posted:
    "Some people like their solitude..."

How true...and some are like me and have been deemed 'socially unacceptable'...

What is it that you do Tuesdays?

As a suggestion to everyone: Keep the peeves, gripes and problems separate from the rest of the forum stuff and just send a PM to Chris, the Admin.

Brody previously posted:
    "I just sent this to Chris as I think it is a good idea and don't see any reason why not.

I tend to look at the trail runs section and the yellow section before anything else, myself, just to see what has been posted for runs. I agree with you and Charlie that, with 200 + members, people should be posting more runs. After all, this is what we have 4xs for and what the site is all about.

Like I said, if my $$ situation was better, I would be posting runs for every weekend. Money coming in is so sporadic that I can't guarantee that I would be going on runs that I post that I haven't been doing it. There are more people employed than unemployed on the site and that have a steady income, that I don't see the reason behind the lack of posted runs at all.

We have essentially 10 weeks of good weather left before most runs become 'snow runs'. Almost all of the passes are going to be closed due to snow probably be sometime in mid October and many of the lower elevation trails, like Middle St Vrain/Coney Flats, are going to closely follow by mid November.

And winter is very quickly approaching, too..."

i was planning on wheelin every weekend and going camping but in early spring my work scheduled changed to no days off for at least 6 months. im lucky to get the runs in that i do in. :( and i know my truck sucks in snow and that limits my winterwheelin season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12