4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

Default "Toughest Truck" competition

For anyone interested:

Hi! I don't really need to join your group, we're only in Colorado once a year, and that's through the State Fair. However, we want to extend an invitation to your group's members that may be interested to come out to the State Fair and compete in our "Toughest Truck" competition. This is really all about having fun, and we keep absolutely ZERO of the entry fees, so we're not in this for money, that's obvious! The competition is a "side-act" of the Monster Truck Showdown on September 4 & 5 and competitors must register through us, as opposed to contacting the fair for any information. We collect a $25 entry fee from each truck's driver (1 crew member allowed in with the driver - fair requires everyone else to pay admission). The contest consists of dirt humps and bumps around the monster truck racing course, for time. Fastest time out of 2 (maybe 3, depending on time) attempts at the course, wins. We pay back all entry fees in the purse and add $500 per night. 1st place gets 50% of the overall purse, 2nd place gets 30%, 3rd place gets 20%. We will accept the first 20 racers to pre-register (name, phone number, vehicle information via email to smts4info@yahoo.com), with pre-registration mandatory. (We have to give all these names to the security guards at the fair gates) If they would like further information, please have them contact me at my email address. Last year, we had 11 competitors and all are expected to repeat, but we're looking for more so the purse can be larger! Thanks for letting your members know!!

Gale Hill

Default Re: "Toughest Truck" competition

If you have never done a tough truck competition it is worth the trip to Pueblo. Last time I checked, this one pays $500+ 100% of entry fees so there is some good incentive.

I took my 94 cherokee that was stock except for a 4" lift and won a tough truck challenge. For some reason cherokees are awesome at this. I know there are at least a few dozen XJs on this site so step up and go for the cash!

Also, if you are planning to trade in a vehicle under the "cash for clunkers" program, I would advise racing it at event like this first.. Station wagons, mini van, etc...

Don't forget the XSCORR short course race on Aug 30th.

Default Re: "Toughest Truck" competition

I forgot to mention, my 76 K10 will be there if I dont kill it at the short course race!