Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Thread: Looking for a trail run on the 28th. Ideas?

Default Looking for a trail run on the 28th. Ideas?

I want to run a fairly difficult trail this sunday, something in the realm of spring creek or suchandsuch. Anyone else want to hit up a trail this sunday?

Default Re: Looking for a trail run on the 28th. Ideas?

Just posted a trail called "the rock garden" on the calendar. Not much info available, but it's a tough trail for sure

Are you talking about the rock garden on Spring Creek, or another trail?

Another trail. It's closer to idaho springs than spring creek is.

Well post up if you have any more details, I'm looking for something to do Sunday.

It's on the calendar. I posted as many details as I can remember.

Sorry, just got home.

Hubbazoot, you drove past us twice today while in Idaho springs, while waiting for others to show up for the run up Argentine Pass.

lol

Sorry I couldn't make it Hubba......my sister ended up needing help moving and its a really good thing I didn't go with ya, since she would never have got it done. Her Boyfriend decided to lower everything down with a rope and a couple of those Bicycle hanger hooks. One story, sounds like a plan. Unfortunately my sister lives on the 4th floor. He got the table and sofa down, but the Queen sized matress only made it about a 1/4 of the way down before coming undone and falling the rest of the way, ruining the matress (big crease down the middle now) and also taking out a couple of flower pots of her downstairs neighbor. Needless to say, Drama ensued and he ended up leaving her to fend for herself, with her furniture sitting in the courtyard. Got a phone call with my sister bawling, so I felt obligated to come and help.

How'd the trip go? Get further down the "Rock Garden" that you were talking about? Your gonna have to point out where it is on google maps or something, so we can see if its a dedicated trail. If its not, you might get to name it.

JH

Haku previously posted:
    "Sorry I couldn't make it Hubba......my sister ended up needing help moving and its a really good thing I didn't go with ya, since she would never have got it done. Her Boyfriend decided to lower everything down with a rope and a couple of those Bicycle hanger hooks. One story, sounds like a plan. Unfortunately my sister lives on the 4th floor. He got the table and sofa down, but the Queen sized matress only made it about a 1/4 of the way down before coming undone and falling the rest of the way, ruining the matress (big crease down the middle now) and also taking out a couple of flower pots of her downstairs neighbor. Needless to say, Drama ensued and he ended up leaving her to fend for herself, with her furniture sitting in the courtyard. Got a phone call with my sister bawling, so I felt obligated to come and help.

How'd the trip go? Get further down the "Rock Garden" that you were talking about? Your gonna have to point out where it is on google maps or something, so we can see if its a dedicated trail. If its not, you might get to name it.

JH"

that was nice of ya josh, bf's can be real ahole pansies sometimes... i would say the kitty word but this is a family site

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

How about a map location and at least an approximate length and difficulty rating on the trail?

Hahaha it ended up being the spring creek rock garden . I went with a colorado4x4 group and had a friggin blast. A few things failed on that run, but I'm guessing they were just ticking time bombs.

-Rear drum brake driver's side had the lower retaining spring break free, the top return spacer and the attachment bracket for the e-brake as well as the adjustment screw all started rolling around in there. My drum is all f**ked up now. Anybody have a drum for a dana35 that's in decent shape?
    -Thermostat stuck shut after first obstacle. Started overheating like mad and had to hardwire the electric fan to the battery to keep temp under control.
    -Yoke seal started leaking like a sieve. Had to replace the u-joint, outer yoke bearing, and the seal. Yoke is pretty worn out and I should probably get a new one of those.
    -Broke off my t-case skid, currently working on coming up with an idea for a replacement. I'm thinking of using some 3/16" steel that isn't set up in such a "boat anchor" fashion.

Very good day, managed to impress a bunch of people with some much larger built rigs with my ability. I had a lot of fun, but I really need to fix up my rig before I go wheeling again. Maybe a longer, easier trail with a little more to see.

Here's a flex pic I took up there for yall:

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Where are you in Arvada? No wonder your rig looks familiar...I am off 62nd and Wadsworth..

Get some plate steel at Altitude Steel from their scrap bin. They sell it for $.75 a pound...less than that if you bring cash and talk to Doug and mention my name, Pete Brody....

You can also get a drum set up at the U Pull It off of Pecos and 66th for a few bucks. They have a slew of XJs there as of last week..

I'm up near 86th and simms. I wouldn't be too surprised if you saw me there. I have the steel I need for the skid plate, I just need the drum. I'll see how this pans out. A lot of the ones at the junkyard are rusted on both sides and most are in fairly poor condition.