Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Thread: Ceramic Coating Exhaust Manioilds

Default Ceramic Coating Exhaust Manioilds

Does anybody have any experience with Applied Plastic Coatings in Wheat Ridge? I'm considering having them apply a ceramic coating on my stock exhaust manifolds to lower the underhood temps in my Rover. Their pricing doesn't seem too bad.

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Default Re: Ceramic Coating Exhaust Manioilds

I called around and no one I know has either. All I know is that ceramic coatings do work as advertised and I have them on my current headers. I'll talk to the boys at the local rod shops tomorrow and see what they say. I've got 3 in the neighborhood, so it's no big deal. I'll post up what I hear...

Brody previously posted:
    "I called around and no one I know has either. All I know is that ceramic coatings do work as advertised and I have them on my current headers. I'll talk to the boys at the local rod shops tomorrow and see what they say. I've got 3 in the neighborhood, so it's no big deal. I'll post up what I hear..."

Cool. I had a set of headers ceramic coated about 10 years ago by JET-HOT for one of my big block Suburbans. There was a huge difference in temps.

Colorado Scott previously posted:
    "Does anybody have any experience with Applied Plastic Coatings in Wheat Ridge? I'm considering having them apply a ceramic coating on my stock exhaust manifolds to lower the underhood temps in my Rover. Their pricing doesn't seem too bad."

A couple of the audi guys I know have used them and recommend them for powder coating work.

I havent used them myself, but wanted to pass along that I have heard good things about them. here is an example:

http://forums.audiworld.com/rockymtn/msgs/125388.phtml

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Thanks Andrew!

Hey what happened to the XJ? I was just watching some vids with your XJ in it, then looked at the avatar and lo and behold here is a Range Rover...Was up??

Brody previously posted:
    "Thanks Andrew!

Hey what happened to the XJ? I was just watching some vids with your XJ in it, then looked at the avatar and lo and behold here is a Range Rover...Was up??"

I never had an XJ. Only that Rangie and my current Disco II. You thinking of another Andrew maybe?

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Must be....old age is catching up faster than I remember, I guess...

Brody previously posted:
    "Must be....old age is catching up faster than I remember, I guess..."

LOL, if it helps you place me at all, I did meet you once - last year on our run of Metberry. I was the bald guy driving the black rover (the one in the avatar).

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

I remember now...and I was the bald guy with the black Yota.....

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Applied Plastic Coatings got the heads up from 2 out of 3. The other outfit hadn't heard about them, but they are more of a service, non motor head, center. The motorheads had good reports....

Brody previously posted:
    "Applied Plastic Coatings got the heads up from 2 out of 3. The other outfit hadn't heard about them, but they are more of a service, non motor head, center. The motorheads had good reports...."

Cool. Thanks for asking around! As long as the pricing is still good I'll most likely be going there.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.