4x4
    75 International Scout
    User Name
    scout man
    Real Name
    Steve
    Thanks Given

Default Lefthand canyon Sunday 2/22

Haku and I are making a run up left hand canyon tomorrow afternoon for anyone interested. We are meeting at 1:30 at Broadway and Lee Hill road at a dirt parking lot there by the acura place. If you are interested let us know. We will plan to roll out of there a few minutes after 1:30, so if your coming be there by then. If you are running a little late feel free to call me (314) 303-9283 and I have no problem waiting, just dont plan on waiting if I don't know you are coming! It will be a good time!

Default Re: Lefthand canyon Sunday 2/22

i would go but soemone would probably have to pull me out of snow every ten feet if its too deep HAHAHAHAHA and today wore me out

Shouldn't be any snow up there I don't think. Kinda hope not. I'll definitely be going with Steve. Guess we'll find out how it is up there. Any updates on current conditions for the foothills just west of Boulder would be appreciated.

JH

Last Online
    November 21st, 2023
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

I wish I could make it, never been there myself. Make sure you get some pics and post a Trail Report for those of us with other commitments today.

If your Avatars are what you were driving I may have seen you coming down Sunday night. I went for a short up and down to check my vehicle out type thing. i was driving the Range rover and it was DARK.

Last Online
    January 7th, 2020
    4x4
    75 International Scout
    User Name
    scout man
    Real Name
    Steve
    Thanks Given

yup! that would have been us. We came down after dark a bit. Had to stop and spend some time removing a broken shock (oops!). had some fun up there though!

greenramp previously posted:
    "If your Avatars are what you were driving I may have seen you coming down Sunday night. I went for a short up and down to check my vehicle out type thing. i was driving the Range rover and it was DARK."

Yep, that was us. We got up there about 2pm or so and you saw us on our way out.

We ended up going up the "Upper Carnage" trail until it joined the main trail, then tried the first hard section on the main trail and couldn't manage it. I wussed out after only a minor try (still getting my courage up on the off camber stuff). Steve though tried really hard and nearly got up it. Definitely some close calls though. He nearly rolled it a couple times.

After that, we headed back down to Five Points and decided to go up Firemans and check out the area around the Challenge Route. There were some fun little middle level challenging parts up there. Some awesome views too.

On the way down, Steve felt and heard some weird things happening with his suspension. Ended up being that he broke the lower bolt holding his passenger side front shock on, and it had been rubbing a bit for a while. Not sure where the final damage happened. After a bit of wrenching it was off and we headed down. Didn't seem to affect the ride too bad and we took it easy the rest of the way down. Didn't seem to be too horrible for driving or anything. Steve and I both decided we have some work to do on our Rigs before we get out, but had some fun and scared ourselves a bit, so in all it was a good time.

I took some pics while I was up there and will post them up soon, along with a real Trail Report maybe. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

JH

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Great! I'm glad that you had a good run with only minor breakage!

Take a look at my heap and realize that I am not a great big fan of the off camber stuff either....you ain't alone in that.....