Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from KDKG (Ken) from Widefield

Default Re: Hello from KDKG (Ken) from Widefield

Funrover previously posted:
    "That is Mac right??? How is he doing?"

Yes, that is Mac. I haven't talked to him since last year. Stopped into his shop to talk a few minutes coming back from a camping/wheeling trip. If you didn't know, he owns a driveline/drivetrain shop in Woodland Park. Hard Rock drive train I think it is called.

Pathrat previously posted:
    "Great introduction, thanks for posting up.

I love it, all the wheeled things in the yard and the animals too. You need goats!
    Kidding, your post reminded my of the guinea pigs I use to have.
    Welcome!"

We actually tried to get goats, but the county said "No way, residential area." If we hadn't asked for permission, our neighbors would have called us in and I don't want them nosing around with my other animals.

Had chickens and quail for a while till my Anatolian shepherd/saint Bernard mix broke into their cage. For a livestock animal bloodline, she has a high prey instinct.

"You wouldn't by chance have pics of your old IHC would you?"

Somewhere, not digital though. Could always scan some in if I can find them.

brody previously posted:
    "Welcome to the site! I like the pictures of the towathon, too! Realy nice introduction, too.

What are you wheeling in now?? And what is sagging ass?? I managed to snag some freebie springs from the High Country Performance 4x4 scrap bin-waggy or something else- and bastardized them to fit into my rear spring pack. Worked for almost a year on my Yota until I managed to do something else. 4" grinder and metal cutoff blades...
    "

Thanks all for the welcome.

I might wheel my red 90 RRC but I would feel like a poser w/ it. I don't want to get it scratched or dented.

The back of my van is about alot lower than the front. The springs are about flat. It is a low mile rig, but age got to it, I guess. Has always been that way since I have gotten it. It is amazing what I take that van through. Semi-wheeling in it to get to a good camp site. I had talked to Mac about putting in a T-case just to get a low range. Would still be 2 wheel drive, but could climb better. I am thinking about going to air bags on it so I can still get the smooth ride. It is a cruiser right now. our last vacation, we took it. 6 states.

kdkg previously posted:
    "The run, I did w/ Aaron, you was not there. Was a Disco, A older jeep, a newer jeep, and a Dodge powerram?. The older 2 door Dodge (blazer like) thing.

If you have ever looked at his pics, I was the brown Samurai on 35"s that had my son in a skater helmet. He took a pic of me flexed all out on the boulder above the water falls at Chinamans gulch."

I remember you. I had the old CJ5. (parked behind you in this pic)

Anyhow, welcome to Front Range 4x4!!!

Last Online
    May 13th, 2019
    4x4
    '92 Range Rover
    User Name
    Funrover
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Thanks Given

That's right Ken was there or the fire show!!! HAHAHA

"That's right Ken was there or the fire show!!! HAHAHA"

Nope, the fire was on the second run I took with you guys. The CJ5 would have made a great donor for the Mail Jeep build :lol: (that will never materialize)

Last Online
    August 19th, 2014
    4x4
    2007 FJ Cruiser
    User Name
    Pathrat
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Thanks Given

brody previously posted:
    "Pathrat-since you work in the pathology department, I don't think anyone wants to know what happened to the guinea pigs that you 'used to have'....."

:lol: Good one! I don't have them in jars in the garage! When they had to go, Mom said they went to 'live on a farm'.

Last Online
    November 21st, 2023
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

"When they had to go, Mom said they went to 'live on a farm'. "

You have to be careful with those kinds of answers. My daughter told her kids that the dead goldfish went to 'fishy heaven' when they flushed them down the toilet. One day my grandson came strutting out of the bathroom (early toilet training days) stating "I sent my poop to fishy heaven." :lol:

SCRubicon previously posted:
    "I remember you. I had the old CJ5. (parked behind you in this pic)

Anyhow, welcome to Front Range 4x4!!!"

Nice picture, thanks, didn't have that one.

Yeah, we was behind you most of the day and my son kept saying on the radio "That sure is a Purty Jeep." Don't know if you ever heard him or not. :lol:

He is more like me, likes the rough and tough dented rigs.

So your jeep burned? Is that I am understanding?

":lol: Good one! I don't have them in jars in the garage! When they had to go, Mom said they went to 'live on a farm'. "

We had to tell my son that his first lizard got loose in the house. Actually his food ate him.

He has a mean Sudan desert Skink now. She eats pinky rats. She has also tried to eat my finger on a time or two. About 12-15 years old. About 6 inches long.

It was a quick fire. I had it under control a few seconds after somebody yelled, "HOLY *****, FIRE!!!" No damage. But, I replaced the CJ5 with a JK Rubicon in May of 2007. I think I have more pics of the Sammi. I'll pm them to you.

Steve~

Sorry I missed the welcoming party even more sorry you know Aaron welcome to FR4X4 Ken...

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

I probably said it before, but I didn't chase all the posts

Welcome to the site. Hope that you can make this Sunday's run!

Steve's Jeep, my spec home...fire does do some damage....

I had used some 'heat proofing' material on something close to my headers on another rig a few years ago. We were driving down I70 near Idaho Springs and started smelling smoke. People were waving at us and the lady that was riding with me was screaming 'The trucks on fire! The trucks on fire! Stop the truck!' Well, since I knew what was burning and knew that there wasn't anything in the way to really catch fire besides paint and undercoating, I just kept driving, figuring that the fire would burn itself out, which it did. My nonchalant attitude didn't help much for the rest of the day...I had a fire extinguisher with me, BTW, and you can tell by my heap that I really don't care about body damage. One of the last Yotas I had, I put a series of 44 rounds through the back bedside just cause it looked cooler than the decals..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 1