Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Thread: 88 Toyota build P2

Default 88 Toyota build P2

After front bumper was done I moved to rear bumper, rocklights, driving lights, and did a PS cooler upgrade

Last Online
    April 6th, 2019
    4x4
    Toyota/Scout/Nissan
    User Name
    Patrolman
    Real Name
    Jeff
    Thanks Given

Default Re: 88 Toyota build P2

Nice job on the PS cooler. Been thinking about something similar to that on my 4Runner as I already have a couple trans coolers sitting around. Did you flare the tubes? If not, the fluid will almost certainly leak, even under just a few PSI. Someone did that to a Scout I had before. Added a different cooler and didn't flare the tube ends. Just slapped on some rubber lines.

Default Re: 88 Toyota build P2

I use these coolers because they are the high efficiency type with 3/8" flared fitting ends. They are used on the late 80's early 90's rangers and explorers. The cool things are they are already flared and the mounts can be removed and arranged how you want if you need to reverse the hoses for offset or left/right orientation. I usually grab a couple from A-1 pull a part here in the Springs since there are usually a ton of them. Just look for no or minimal front end damage and pull away. I think they are too small for a fullsize trans cooler unless doubled up but I also did this to my Scout Power steering just cause it is 30+ years old and keeping that fluid cool sure helps and if I do a hydro assist on the Yota it is mandatory in my opinion.

Members who have read this thread: 1