4x4
    Toyota/Scout/Nissan
    User Name
    Patrolman
    Real Name
    Jeff
    Thanks Given

Default Walden Sand Dunes?

Anyone been there? Apparently 2-3 hours NW of Denver. Due North of Granby. Anyone interested? More of an ATV place, but 4x4's with low PSI could likely scoot around. Typically either lighter or high HP rigs do better, but doesn't hurt to have a good time! Might bring out the Cushman!

Shows some more of the "flats"

Default Re: Walden Sand Dunes?

I've been to the walden dunes many times. I've taken several different jeeps as well as dirt bikes and atv's.

The Walden dunes are relatively small and are more fun on a dirt bike or atv with paddle tires. 4x4's can make it on the dunes, but you need a high HP engine to be much fun. There are some very cool trails up in the hills above the dunes that are fun.

Don't forget about the Killpecker dunes north of Rock Springs WY. MUCH MUCH MUCH larger than Walden and less people too.

Last Online
    April 6th, 2019
    4x4
    Toyota/Scout/Nissan
    User Name
    Patrolman
    Real Name
    Jeff
    Thanks Given

Nice. I am still learning about dunes. I have been to the Great Sand Dunes and done Medano. That is a nice trail with some sand at the bottom. Also been through Salt Creek in Needles, UT. Plenty of sand! A high HP vehicle makes for a much better ride though. Will have to look into Rock Springs. Never heard of it!

Patrolman previously posted:
    "Shows some more of the "flats"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvLW0HU0ow0"

The only thing these guys are missing is white sunglasses The sand dunes are fun. Went up there once during the winter. It would be nice to get up there while it's warm.