This note arrived for all to see. For anyone wishing to stir the waters I'll forward the contact e-mail address.

=======================

Hello,

I am writing on behalf of State Senator Kerry Donovan regarding the upcoming Colorado Public Lands Day.

Senator Donovan would like to ask for The Front Range 4x4's possible participation in Colorado’s second annual Public Lands Day on May 19th. Public Lands Day is a holiday dedicated to organizations, businesses, and Coloradans celebrating the numerous, unique, and beautiful public lands our state has to offer, while keeping in mind the need for their protection and conservation. Colorado is the first state in the nation to establish its own Public Lands Day. We were wondering if The Front Range 4x4 could advertise planned events/trips that will be offered on May 19th, host a community event, or participate in any way you think would be conducive to your business. Please let us know if your business would be willing to display materials for the day and/or are interested in helping out in any way.

Here is some basic information on Colorado Public Lands Day:

What is Public Lands Day?

Colorado is the first state in the nation to establish its own Public Lands Day. Public Lands Day is a holiday dedicated to Coloradans getting outside and enjoying the numerous, unique, and beautiful public lands our state has to offer, while keeping in mind the need for their protection and conservation.

Why is Public Lands Day Important?

Colorado has 24 million acres of public lands including mountains, deserts, wetlands, prairies, and forests.

The outdoor recreation industry generates over 13 billion dollars annually and supports 125,000 Colorado jobs. This industry relies heavily on, and exists in large part because of our public lands.

How do I as an individual get involved?

It’s easy! You can show your support by volunteering with clubs to maintain hiking trails, rallying with your community in support of public land protection and conservation, or just by spending some quality weekend time with your family in Colorado’s numerous public lands. Throw a BBQ with friends and go clean-up a trail-head or get your jeeping buddies together and pick-up around some campsite you find.

Thank you for your time and please let me know if you’d like further information on Colorado Public Lands Day.

Regards,
--
Sage Kramer
(admin removal of email address)

Legislative Intern
Office of Senator Kerry Donovan
Colorado State Senate, District 5