4x4
    2021 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Xtreme Recon
    User Name
    RockyMtRebel
    Real Name
    Matt
    Thanks Given

Default Illegal campfires

I was wheelin' last night with my son and it was dark by the time we got back to the start of Pierson Park Rd. There were quite a few groups of campers, which makes sense since the weekend started. One group had a large campfire going! I yelled out "hey there's a fire ban" and someone yelled back "----- you". Couldn't tell if they said "thank you" or "f--- you" but didn't want to hang around and find out. I called Boulder County dispatch when I got home and they said they were sending someone to look into this.
    There are FIRE BAN signs everywhere so I don't feel bad if they got in trouble. I live up here in the mountains and I do not want my house to go up in flames because some idiots want to make a fire. I also joined a Peak to Peak Hwy watch group and feel like I need to patrol the trails to help protect my neigborhood, so to speak.
    I don't think these were transients, probably college kids or high school kids - but I'm going to keep my eye on the trails up here and I will report any abuses I find & I hope y'all fellow wheelers do the same

2. The Following 6 Members Say Thanks to RockyMtRebel For This Post:

Bob (July 18th, 2017),Brad (July 20th, 2017),Jackie (July 15th, 2017),Patrolman (July 15th, 2017),Swank1975 (July 15th, 2017),Tom (July 15th, 2017)

Last Online
    8 Hours Ago
    4x4
    JKUR
    User Name
    Getaklu
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

Default Re: Illegal campfires

Kudos to you! I do the same thing in the area near my cabin for the same reasons.
    "A wise and frugal government...shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government." Thomas Jefferson

4. The Following 2 Members Say Thanks to Getaklu For This Post:

RockyMtRebel (July 15th, 2017),Swank1975 (July 15th, 2017)

Last Online
    6 Hours Ago
    4x4
    '12 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.5" lift, 33s, winch
    User Name
    Tom
    Real Name
    Tom
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 933 Posts

Kudos and Thank You!!!!!!!

Last Online
    1 Day Ago
    4x4
    2008 Jeep Rubicon
    User Name
    Jackie
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Thanks Given

RockyMtRebel previously posted:
    "I was wheelin' last night with my son and it was dark by the time we got back to the start of Pierson Park Rd. There were quite a few groups of campers, which makes sense since the weekend started. One group had a large campfire going! I yelled out "hey there's a fire ban" and someone yelled back "----- you". Couldn't tell if they said "thank you" or "f--- you" but didn't want to hang around and find out. I called Boulder County dispatch when I got home and they said they were sending someone to look into this.
    There are FIRE BAN signs everywhere so I don't feel bad if they got in trouble. I live up here in the mountains and I do not want my house to go up in flames because some idiots want to make a fire. I also joined a Peak to Peak Hwy watch group and feel like I need to patrol the trails to help protect my neigborhood, so to speak.
    I don't think these were transients, probably college kids or high school kids - but I'm going to keep my eye on the trails up here and I will report any abuses I find & I hope y'all fellow wheelers do the same "

Great job Matt. I just finished reading about a guy in Nederland who (I think may have started the Peak to Peak Group). He is finding hot fire pits and unbelievable trash (including needles, human waste etc.) just two miles from his home. We can't let the vandals win.

Last Online
    September 9th, 2019
    4x4
    07 Wrangler Rubicon
    User Name
    Eagle6
    Real Name
    David
    Thanks Given

If you know there is a ban and you see a fire, then you did the right thing, PERIOD. I've only lived on Colorado for a month now. But I come from an area that burns about every 5 to 6 years. About 15 years ago, a fire ran for more than 50 miles, destroyed several thousand homes, killed several people and a couple of firefighters, and cost well over a Billion dollars. We can't stop stupid people, but we can make life hard on them.

Last Online
    July 7th, 2023
    4x4
    2017 JKUR Recon
    User Name
    dieseldoc
    Real Name
    Brandon
    Thanks Given

"Life is hard when your stupid" Jon Wayne

Bravo good to hear someone else is watching out.

My old club in used to do trail patrol runs.
    We got credit hours with our local F.S. and the BLM gave us a plaque in the visiters center.
    On one of our patrol runs we cought a rancher digging up the river bed and bladed down half a mile of BLM land.
    so pissed this dude did this.....
    he lost his rubber tire backhoe, and 200 head of cattle, amd his ford!

we cant stop stupid but dam we sure can get then tangling with jhonny popo.....

Last Online
    October 9th, 2023
    4x4
    05 4Runner
    User Name
    jayson44
    Real Name
    Jay
    Thanks Given

Bunce almost ALWAYS has fires at night. it sucks. I try to monitor Pickle Gulch as much as I can since I live nearby.

J.

Last Online
    June 16th, 2021
    4x4
    Poison Spyder buggy, 1999 4runner
    User Name
    TJS86TOY
    Real Name
    TJ
    Thanks Given

Hey, rite on Matt. I have several friends with cabins in the woods (no pun) and one who survived the big fire in Buffalo Creek. I am a big proponent of fire safety.