This car has a piece of my heart. I have had this amazing vehicle for nearly 12 years. It has been on many adventures with me and I love it. I found a newer runner with less miles and unfortunately, the 97 has come to a point where it needs a fair amount of work and I need to let it go and move on. I'm not sure what all is wrong with it but something to do with suspension etc. You will need/want to have it checked out or better yet be a mechanic yourself.
I know it is a rare breed and there are many things about this truck that are awesome such as:
- It is a manual
- 3.4 L V6
- Power windows, locks, and sunroof
- A/c and heat work well
- Rear window still rolls up and down without fail
- It has a Rear Diff Locker = doesn't know the meaning of the word 'stuck'
- It has cloth seats (I personally hate leather so this is a plus for me)
- It has a new battery
- The tires are nice
- It has a 3in Suspension lift
- It has a grill guard (rusty but still does the job of looking cool)
- It has a tow hitch
- Brakes are good
- It is Blue/Green
- Has original tape deck and cd player
- Is the best model 4Runner ever created.
- Her Name is Ruth
Things that aren't so great about it that I know of:
- There is a part of the steering wheel that is worn where my hand goes.
- Interior is worn
- Windshield is super cracked
- Something is wrong with the suspension (not sure what but it makes funny noises)
- Had a bout of overheating this summer but doesn't seem to leak antifreeze. I added more and the problem was seeming solved. Mechanic couldn't find an issue.
- It has some rust
- Clear top layer on the hood has peeled
- Paint is faded and clear coat is peeling on the roof
- 269 Thousand Miles
- Antenna is broken but radio still works so I didn't replace it.
Make me an offer.
Call or text me if you are interested in looking at her. 970-310-5791