4x4
    93 ZJ Leredo, 96 ZJ Limited
    User Name
    Landmissile
    Real Name
    Scotty
    Thanks Given

Default Lockers and upgrades.

When I started the portal axle swap I gutted the original axles from my 93 Grand Cherokee. Local pick up would be preferred. Reply here or PM me. Here are a list of items I'm moving...

-I have a new Quick Lok locker for a D30 axle. This is for a 27 spline axle. I don't believe there's a difference between the ABS and non-ABS diffs on the D30 axle. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Based on the Detroit E-Z Locker it's rumored to be the most quiet of the lunchbox lockers. Keep in mind that you may have to pull your carrier out and unbolt the ring gear to install this locker, especially if you have tall gears like 4.56 or 4.88's. I decided on a selectable locker in the front instead and never pulled this locker out of the box. I've opened it for inspection and idle curiosity but the parts have never seen the light of day. It's in the original box with the original packing material, instructions and warranty card but no free sticker which is total BS in my opinion. Either way it's brand new through and through. Based on a hasty internet search I'm going to ask $200.

-I also have a Powertrax locker for a Dana 35 axle in new condition. It's for a c-clip axle without ABS. I bought this quite a while ago not knowing there was a difference between the ABS and non-ABS diffs. Obviously the Grand Cherokee has four wheel ABS. I pulled the spider gears and quickly realized that the locker wasn't compatible. The box has been opened and the original packing material removed but these are brand new never used. It's been in storage in the original box with the instructions, warranty card and the free sticker. Just to reiterate... this locker kit is for a non-ABS Dana 35 c-clip axle. Looks like the interwebs is getting between $300 and $340 for this kit so I'm going to ask $200.

-I have a set of D35 chromoly shafts from Yukon Gear. They are used and have a good number of miles on them but I'm a "low impact" wheeler and they are in excellent condition. For any standard D35 axle as they came on the Grand Cherokee. Studs are included and seated. The little round Yukon stickers on the outside face of the shafts are gone due to weathering. A quick search of the interwebs shows these selling in the $300 range. I'm going to ask $200, that's for the pair.

-I also have a Detroit Truetrac limited slip differential for the D35. It's the gear driven LSD so it doesn't require any special fluids or oil, uses standard 90wt gear oil. I had this installed here in Denver the same time I had the 4.88's installed so it has low miles. Likely not more the 3000. I don't believe it matters if your axle has ABS or not. If there's any doubt definitely check first. Looks like they're selling new in the $400 range so I'm going to ask $300.

-Last item is a complete set of 4.56:1 Yukon gears for the D30 and D35 axles. I installed these the same time as the chromoly shafts. They are in excellent condition and the ring gears are still bolted to the OEM carriers. I had planned to install them in my Limited ZJ and I still might. Either way I have them in boxes and maybe someone needs the set. I would prefer to sell them as a set if possible. Interwebs search shows them going in the $450 range. I'm going to ask $350 for the set.

Last Online
    February 24th, 2019
    4x4
    Jeep Comanche
    User Name
    dscowell
    Real Name
    Dante
    Thanks Given

Default Re: Lockers and upgrades.

Don't need a locker right now or have the money but once I get a couple more things for my truck and if you still have the Quick lok for the D30 I may be interested.

Last Online
    September 1st, 2014
    4x4
    User Name
    Landmissile
    Real Name
    Scotty
    Thanks Given

dscowell previously posted:
    "if you still have the Quick lok for the D30 I may be interested."

Sounds good. I'll keep the thread updated.

Last Online
    5 Hours Ago
    4x4
    Jeep Cherokee XJ
    User Name
    xaza
    Real Name
    Cliff
    Thanks Given

There was another member asking about building a Dana 35 recently.
    http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/...and-33x10-50-s
    perhaps send him a pm and see if he is interested. If not, he may be interested in your experience with beefing up the 35.

Cesare Pavese

Last Online
    September 1st, 2014
    4x4
    User Name
    Landmissile
    Real Name
    Scotty
    Thanks Given

xaza previously posted:
    "There was another member asking about building a Dana 35 recently."

I commented on that thread and forgot about it. I'll contact him.

Last Online
    February 7th, 2016
    4x4
    2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
    User Name
    JeepWrench
    Real Name
    Justin
    Thanks Given

do you still have the powertrax locker?