4x4
    2016 Rubicon, Belly Armor, MC 2.5 GC Lift
    User Name
    JGRubicon
    Real Name
    Jason
    Thanks Given

Default Re: The Campfire.

I have a 20Ton shop press and a clamshell bearing puller in Longmont, this is mostly @ Tom since we're basically neighbors.

Feel free to bring anything over if you need it pressed or pulled apart.

2. The Following Member Says Thanks to JGRubicon For This Post:

Tom (2 Weeks Ago)

Last Online
    1 Day Ago
    4x4
    2016 Rubicon, Belly Armor, MC 2.5 GC Lift
    User Name
    JGRubicon
    Real Name
    Jason
    Thanks Given

Pressed all 90 studs our of the Hutchinson wheels. So glad I went for an air over hydraulic jack for the press. It was still a task, but it would have been rough to do manually. Not I need to get down to the powder coater to see if they think I need to do more prep work and pick a color. They are a pretty rough texture, and while I don't care a ton as these will be dedicated offroad wheels that will be abused, I'd like the finish to be decent to start. My main priority will be a durable finish, but if I can spend a few weekends sanding these for a better finish I'll do it.

I'm thinking about Mickey Thompson Baja Boss XS in 37x12.50r17 since I don't have a trailer solution just yet. I probably won't be on 37's before next year, but that's just fine, there's a lot between me and that, being done properly at least

I spent the day today on the garage, I've done about half of it, I've barely touched the right side, but I've cleared up a lot of room. Once I make it through the right side I want to circle back and put everything in it's proper place. It feels like it takes few waves to get all ideas and intentions sorted.

It finally occurred to me that I don't actually need 240v wired to the garage to have a good welding setup, I can just get a welder when I want to go bigger I can use a generator, so I'm going to make it a goal to get a machine next year and then a 9-13kw gene to follow while I'm learning on smaller stuff. My current plan is an Everlast Hurricane MTS 220-C. I like the idea of a Miller, but there's no reason for me to spend 2x as much for that brand as a hobbyist. I really like the idea of having plasma on board in one machine too, given my limited space.

I'm really about to outgrow this garage.

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago
    4x4
    Jeep Cherokee XJ
    User Name
    xaza
    Real Name
    Cliff
    Thanks Given

I have a couple of welders I could let go, one is 220v though. One is a Miller Cricket. I can look at the models when I get home from work if you are interested. I have not used either one since I acquired them but based on the source I don't expect any issues.

Cesare Pavese

Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 190191192193