Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Grocery Getter (unibody ftw lol)

Yeah, Chris (Scrat) knows a tad when it comes to ZJs' flex, unfortunetely most don't lol

Last Online
    February 28th, 2018
    4x4
    95' Bronco
    User Name
    Fordguy77
    Real Name
    Christopher
    Thanks Given

When I was skimmin this I didn't seem to see anything about adding some unibody stiffners in, I might have missed it though..

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

Got some things in the parts list. My belly plate ( non existant stock) is actually about a foot+ wide, 1/4 inch steel. All for front control arms bolt up to the plate instead of any points on the body of the jeep. This doesn't allow for the body to flex as the plate takes most of it. I also plan on running a driveshaft brace which is also another crossmemeber which should help as well as the cage.

I can flex out as much as I want and still be able to open and close all my doors without a problem

Last Online
    March 1st, 2014
    4x4
    '87 Chevy V20
    User Name
    Popsgarage
    Real Name
    Jonathan E Epp
    Thanks Given

Welding stuff up is not a problem, but the tubing bender is something I haven't had the funds to appropriate yet. I'm free some weekends. Just give me a call Jon 303-968-7156

Thanks johnathan

Last Online
    March 1st, 2014
    4x4
    '87 Chevy V20
    User Name
    Popsgarage
    Real Name
    Jonathan E Epp
    Thanks Given

no problem.

Looks like I got some serious tire coming my way this Friday! Actually, 4 of them. Oh yeah, and also the bumper should be on its way! I am so excited! Might need help installing bumper though.. pretty heavy =(

mattzj98 previously posted:
    "Might need help installing bumper though.. pretty heavy =("

I'll come over and help ya install it if ya want! As long as I'm free. What type of bumper you getting? I still think stiffners are a good idea. I was thinking of using stiffners on my Cherokee, and fabing up my own rock sliders and welding them to the stiffners themselves. Sliders to expensive!! How much you pick your up for??

Your jeep is just getting more and more advanced every week pretty much share the love?

(50th post!!!!!!!)

CodeXJ previously posted:
    "I'll come over and help ya install it if ya want! As long as I'm free. What type of bumper you getting? I still think stiffners are a good idea. I was thinking of using stiffners on my Cherokee, and fabing up my own rock sliders and welding them to the stiffners themselves. Sliders to expensive!! How much you pick your up for??

Your jeep is just getting more and more advanced every week pretty much share the love?

(50th post!!!!!!!)"

The bumper was just over a grand. Its the rockhard one with tire carrier etc. I posted a link, I think its on page 4 of this thread.

I just really am sick of that stock money waster haha

Share what love? I'm pretty broke bro!

mattzj98 previously posted:
    "Share what love? I'm pretty broke bro!"

You had me fooled for a long time then. haha

Ya the rear just dont fit the front or sides now. If I'm free I'll come help ya install it shouldn't be to bad. I been looking at the tire carrier ones for mine around $1,300 found some cheaper ones though.

1300? My 1000 dollar one was fenciest I could fine and for a zj which are more complicated..

Maybe you need to share some love now huh? =)

CodeXJ previously posted:
    "You had me fooled for a long time then. haha

Ya the rear just dont fit the front or sides now. If I'm free I'll come help ya install it shouldn't be to bad. I been looking at the tire carrier ones for mine around $1,300 found some cheaper ones though."

Had you fooled how? Lol

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...gory_Code=BODY <-- That's the link to the bulge fenders for the front of ZJ before you go hacking check them out

http://www.hannemannfiberglass.com/c...57567&page=108 <-- thats the one I found that I want to do for my next cherokee since I already got bushwackers for this one.

I'm not too sure about this. It looks to me like trimming my fenders will do just as good as spending 400 bucks on those

It will do the same thing in essence, this is just more of a "suppose to be there look" while a trimmed looked can always be told as a trimmed and I know how much you like the appearance of your jeep

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

http://www.hannemannfiberglass.com/c...57567&page=108 <-- thats the one I found that I want to do for my next cherokee since I already got bushwackers for this one.

While fiberglass fenders and body panels are really nice, DO NOT get ANYTHING from these assholes. I got the fiberglass body parts for my Yota from them and although the quality and fit were fine, they were the worse people I have EVER dealt with as far as buying any parts for any vehicle I have ever owned. They couldn't /wouldn't tell me the shipping company. They couldn't/ wouldn't tell me a tracking number. They didn't send me any kind of order confirmation, nor would they tell me anything other than 'The items were shipped'. It took me EIGHT WEEKS to get my body panels for my rig and I had to threaten them with cancelling my credit card purchase before I even got some sort of very vague information from them concerning my order. It got to the point where I was documenting all my conversations and emails (which they never answered, BTW) because it looked like I was going to have to sue them. ****, I can WALK to California and back in eight weeks.

I will NEVER order a single goddamn thing from from them ever again, nor will I suggest that anyone buy from them. They were rude, uninformative, and hit me with the "We don't give a **** if you bought stuff from us" attitude.

**** them, all their employees, and the last 5 generations of all their employees, including their extended families. May their legs grow together and they all get genital herpes and running sores.

Simply the worse on line shopping experience I have ever had in my life.

Here is a link for fiberglass sources I posted in the TECH section a number of years ago:

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/...Ford-Yota-more

I hear a lot of bad things about Rusty. Probably won't end up buying those anyway

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Robyn actually got some good service from Rusty's Off Road, but she had to jump through some very unnecessary hoops to do it. Judging from her experience, I would hesitate buying from Rusty's, but other people I know haven't had any problems, so maybe it is simply hit or miss.

She ordered a simple steering box skid plate for her Jeep. They did send a skid plate, but it was for a Cherokee or Grand Wagoneer. They insisted that it was the right skid plate for her TJ even though she had sent them pictures of what it looked like and told them that her installer (me) had said that it wasn't the right one. Mike, Hypoid, had also said that it wasn't the right one, and I believe that she mentioned his comments, too. They kept on insisting that they had sent the right one. She finally managed to get that straightened out and got the right skid plate, but they wanted her to send the wrong one back on her dime. Not what I would call stellar customer service.

Yeah, even Brady from HCP4x4 said I would regret buying anything from rusty

Brody previously posted:
    "While fiberglass fenders and body panels are really nice, DO NOT get ANYTHING from these assholes. I got the fiberglass body parts for my Yota from them and although the quality and fit were fine, they were the worse people I have EVER dealt with as far as buying any parts for any vehicle I have ever owned. They couldn't /wouldn't tell me the shipping company. They couldn't/ wouldn't tell me a tracking number. They didn't send me any kind of order confirmation, nor would they tell me anything other than 'The items were shipped'. It took me EIGHT WEEKS to get my body panels for my rig and I had to threaten them with cancelling my credit card purchase before I even got some sort of very vague information from them concerning my order. It got to the point where I was documenting all my conversations and emails (which they never answered, BTW) because it looked like I was going to have to sue them. ****, I can WALK to California and back in eight weeks."

thanks for the heads up!!! I never heard of them and only saw their product. I don't want to deal with assholes liek that. From the whole rustys thing from people who I know that have bought stuff from them it is a hit or miss.

And i checked out the links on your thread you posted Brody! Thanks. I know T&J performance sells them and so does Jeepspeed. My uncles got them for his old cherokee from T&J and said their customer service isn't to bad.

How have your been Brody? I really like the design, the clearance, and the look. Do they have any issues to offroading?? I haven't seen anyone wheel with them. For my next cherokee I was thinking about getting them. Opinions?

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast