January 2nd, 2014
    4x4
    1988 Toyota Landcruiser (FJ62)
    User Name
    Mporter
    Real Name
    Matt
    Thanks Given

Hah I wish I had one of those factory yota inclinometers, last time I checked, YotaJim had em for like $75

I consider myself lucky to have one, let alone have one that works. (honestly- i dont use it much, i use my body's own "OH SH$% meter").

a little side note- last night i forgot which dial went on what side (side incl and front to back incl) so i looked it up online through yahoo search and the first page to come up was Patrolman's for sale thread on here of the one from his 87 4runner earlier this year.

Yeah....not sure how Chris did it, but he did a seriously good job with Google Analytics. Our little Front Range forum pops up almost as much as Pirate 4x4 does if there are similar topics. Its funny how many times I'm searching google for something about Toyota's or something and my own rig pops up in a picture or thread.

Cool mod though. Being a Photoshop guy and not a great drawer, I would probably do it on my comp. I don't have one of those in mine though, and like someone else said, I'm not about to spring for a used one for how much they ask for them. Wish I did though sometimes, as I hate off camber stuff and seeing a gauge like that makes ones mind register that you can go further then you think without tipping. I used an Angle Finder for a few trips, and only once did I get to 30 degrees and it was still relatively stable. That will only get better with my planned modifications coming up (dropping my rig at least 2" and going with coilovers and links in the front).

Josh

i think the guy in the Marlin threa used like MS paint. black background and white truck lines. i decided to go my own route with it and just drew it. mostly because i didnt have a printer. but i wanted it to look alittle more like my truck, white-bob'd(it looks like it is bob'd doesnt it???) and a little rough looking.

Im with you on paying that much for one. If and when my inclinometer goes out i will just install one of these on my dash somewhere if i feel the need to know what degrees im at.
    http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...set-of-2/47543

and if you notice you could buy about 10 of these for the average price of one the original toyota inclinometer.

Last Online
    January 18th, 2016
    4x4
    98 taco
    User Name
    wyota
    Real Name
    Todd Woodworth
    Thanks Given

here are my mods for the last two day's. i got the console from a buddy of mine, it was designed for ford explorer police vehicle, but with a few tweeks it fits like a glove. i still need to fab up some sheet meatal to finish the front but its a good start. the rock lights are 3 pairs of $18 walmart specials. on the down side they pull 27 amps but it gave me an excuse to buy a Boyle Future Tech Alternator. it will be here Monday. it should put out 90 amps at idle

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Well, aren't you just the new king of the Texas Disco trails with the rock lights and all....

Looks really sweet Todd, and nice job on the console score! Have a really good Christmas down there!

Hey...throw some silicon or caulk of some kind around the lenses in the lights so that water doesn't get up in there and short out the bulb. Also stick a dab where the wires go into the back of the lights... I only have one of four under fender rocks lights working because I didn't do this....

Thats a good looking truck- and those lights add the right kind of bling.

Last Online
    December 19th, 2020
    4x4
    2008 FJ Cruiser/1982 FJ40
    User Name
    Rob
    Real Name
    Rob
    Thanks Given

Looks great, Todd.

You sure those aren't armadillo lights?

Geez....everyone knows you are supposed to put strobes and neon under cars, not this bright light stuff thats actually usable. Very cool setup and a definite nice upgrade. Something I gotta think about doing here soon too.

Last Online
    January 7th, 2020
    4x4
    75 International Scout
    User Name
    scout man
    Real Name
    Steve
    Thanks Given

I really like those consoles. I looked real hard at getting one for my scout, but finally decided I could right now because my dog walks on the console all the time to get in the back seat. I dont think having switches under the dogs feet is probably a very good idea. I do really like it though and might have to put more thought into it again.

Last Online
    December 3rd, 2023
    4x4
    1990 Cherokee
    User Name
    Hypoid
    Real Name
    Mike
    Thanks Given

scout man previously posted:
    "decided I could right now because my dog walks on the console all the time to get in the back seat."

LMAO! My Blue Heeler used to honk the horn. I don't know how it came to be, but one time I came out to see a muddy paw prints on the ceiling of my F-100.

Last Online
    December 3rd, 2023
    4x4
    1990 Cherokee
    User Name
    Hypoid
    Real Name
    Mike
    Thanks Given

ggubrud previously posted:
    "In preparation for the new Duratracs, I thought I'd black out the wheels. VHT Epoxy paint - Satin Black"

You'll have to do a followup for the paint's durability.

I have used Duplicolor brand wheel paint on my tank skid and trailer hitch with good result. My only complaint is that the black is pricey because the only place I've found it is Pep Boys. They are very proud of that color wheel paint.

Last Online
    January 2nd, 2014
    4x4
    User Name
    Mporter
    Real Name
    Matt
    Thanks Given

Console looks great Todd.

I think I may just get a inclinometer from 4WP (made by smittybilt I think) and it's like $15-20

Last Online
    February 12th, 2016
    4x4
    1999 Explorer Sport
    User Name
    AccordRanger
    Real Name
    Shayne
    Thanks Given

Took this out....

So I could run some wires under the carpet.

Then found this mess under it.

Vacuumed it then used some carpet cleaner, and got it looking a little better.

CB coax

RCA cables

Last Online
    January 2nd, 2014
    4x4
    User Name
    Mporter
    Real Name
    Matt
    Thanks Given

Oooh twizzlers!

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

I think I may just get a inclinometer from 4WP (made by smittybilt I think) and it's like $15-20

LaDawn is my inclinometer, but obviously needs some fine tuning....

Last Online
    1 Week Ago
    4x4
    2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
    User Name
    GaryG
    Real Name
    Gary G.
    Thanks Given

Default New skins (Goodyear Duratracs) on black OEM wheels

woo hoo

Last Online
    January 7th, 2020
    4x4
    75 International Scout
    User Name
    scout man
    Real Name
    Steve
    Thanks Given

pulled my rear axle shafts today, thinking the were bent, and the cause of some major vibrations I am having. Turns out they werent bent. Then I was spinning my rear driveshaft and noticed a pretty bad wobble (i had ignored the haft because it is really new, so I figured that wasnt the cause. Took a closer look, and it turns out it isnt actually the shaft itself as I had suspected, but when it got put back on after my tranny install, apparently it got put on without the ujoint seated all the way into the yoke. Fixed this simple little thing and it was a ton better. Also changed out my spark plugs today. The old ones actually werent in horrible shape, which made me happy, but they had not been gapped properly when installed, so I think it runs a bit smoother now.

I have also had a really really annoying knocking sound inside the front passenger side of the cab that I have not been able to locate. I thought I had finally found it and fixed it today, but I was wrong. Still searching for that annoyance.

here is a picture of my straight axle shafts for you picture whores. yes there are three... figure that one out!!

ok, obviously one is a spare, just for comparison.

Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast