PDA

View Full Version : new to forum Shop introduction

greenramp
February 18th, 2009, 06:09 PM
As you may or may not have noticed I just joined the Forum. I own a shop in Longmont called Billet Tech. We do custom one off machining, welding, and engineering. We have done roll cages, bumpers, custom suspensions etc.. anything from heat sinks on computers to off road buggies. We will do just about anything that walks in the door. I do not have any employees; it is just my business partner and I. We are both Mechanical Engineers with a combined 22 years experience in various manufacturing environments. I am a certified weld inspector and have been welding for 19 years. I have been certified to AWS standards in just about every process you can imagine including GTAW (TIG) on every material imaginable (including Aluminum and Titanium). We build quality one off products that YOU dream up. We are not a production facility that cranks out 300 bumpers a month because we are not interested in that kind of work.
Currently we have a fairly large project of retro-fitting a '69 Camaro body on a 2003 Z06 Corvette drive train. We are not expecting to finish overnight and welcome any small projects that you may need assistance with. Feel free to throw anything at me as I try to check the forums I am a part of daily. Advice is free and I feel as though I have seen pretty much everything.
Or shop is located:
1566 Vista View Dr Unit C
Longmont, CO 80504
or
Joe
303-507-0682
joe@billettech.net

Hope to see you all around:)

Chris
February 18th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I sure wish the economy wasn't sucking me dry so I could talk to you about a creative shackle reversal for my truck.

greenramp
February 18th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Don't let the current project fool you...it's hitting us all hard.

Chris
February 18th, 2009, 08:21 PM
It's a rare person or company that's escaping this economy. :(

Funrover
February 18th, 2009, 11:00 PM
If I had the $$ I would be there now with my camper... I still tell others about ya though!

Brody
February 19th, 2009, 04:22 AM
Nice introduction! Great to know the information and what you do! I think we will all try to send stuff your way as we are a pretty supportive group.

Love your avatar, BTW, but you could change the 'Obama' sign to the White House or just politicians in general...they all deserve to be p***ed on simply due to the lack of respect they show the general population...

Chris
February 19th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Love your avatar, BTW, but you could change the 'Obama' sign to the White House or just politicians in general...they all deserve to be p***ed on simply due to the lack of respect they show the general population...

I liked the old one better. ;)

greenramp
February 19th, 2009, 08:19 AM
better?

Chris
February 19th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Thanks Joe! ;)

4runner freak
February 19th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Joe,
Can you post an email.
I like to send out as much work to small local shops as possible and we are overwhelming our main machinist.

What machines do you have/processes you can do? CNC milling, 3D Milling, laser cutting, waterjet, turning, powder coating...?

I'm also a ME and usually send out .igs/.x_b/.step files for quotes.
Let me know
Danny

Oh, and WELCOME to the board.

Brody
February 19th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Everyone but me will probably like it, but I am an opionated SOB, and wouldn't put out a burning politician with a cup of warm p***....of either party or any sex, including independents.......

Funrover
February 19th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I liked the cow p***ing on the ****** sign LOL!!!!

Chris
February 19th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Sorry folks, I'm not going to moderate avatars any more than I do general content but would like to keep most political statements off this board. I can justify it by quoting stuff from the Terms of Use etc but I don't feel like reading it. ;)

Brody
February 19th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Jeez...I should shut up about my political feelings 'n all? OK...maybe...could I substitute bureaucracy for politics??

Don't like anything having to do with them either....but I do like a few things like chocolate and my sweetie, but not in that order..

Chris
February 19th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Your rants are generic ;)

What's this thread about anyway? Talk about getting hijacked!

greenramp
February 19th, 2009, 05:42 PM
lol free Publicity:D

Chris
February 19th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I own a shop in Longmont called Billet Tech. We do custom one off machining, welding, and engineering. We have done roll cages, bumpers, custom suspensions etc.. anything from heat sinks on computers to off road buggies. We will do just about anything that walks in the door. I do not have any employees; it is just my business partner and I. We are both Mechanical Engineers with a combined 22 years experience in various manufacturing environments. I am a certified weld inspector and have been welding for 19 years. I have been certified to AWS standards in just about every process you can imagine including GTAW (TIG) on every material imaginable (including Aluminum and Titanium). We build quality one off products that YOU dream up. We are not a production facility that cranks out 300 bumpers a month because we are not interested in that kind of work.

Or shop is located:
1566 Vista View Dr Unit C
Longmont, CO 80504
or
Joe
303-507-0682
joe@billettech.net

Hope to see you all around:)

Back on track with more free PR :D

greenramp
May 5th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I saw in another post someone commenting on why other Rover owners haven't added their . I did not take this personally I just wanted to explain my status. I am always available and check the boards as frequently as possible. As of late I am VERY busy with a "life changing" quote to the Navy for a container. I need to get all my ducks in a row as you can probably imagine it is very detailed with some fairly large hoops to jump through.

I currently have an issue with my steering and don't have the time to go through it so I won't be seen on the trails ...yet. Again even through this busy time, I am always available for advise and my contact info is public knowledge so give me a call or shoot me an email. I always need a 5-10 min break to clear my head.