PDA

View Full Version : FJC Body Rip

Chris
February 3rd, 2009, 06:31 AM
FJC Owners, I assume you know all about this but figured I'd post it anyway just in case.

FJC Body Rip thread over on FJCruiserforums.com? Its very long with pics and dealer experiences. The problem started by late summer 2007. Some owners have an easy time getting Toyota to address the issue, others aren't. Toyota has redesigned the inner fender several times now.

Pathrat
February 3rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
I check mine after reading about this back when I first got my FJC and started reading what was on that vehicle's forum. I don't think I have any, and I would think I would notice if I did. I hope that since mine seem to be fine, they will continue to be fine. If something needed dealer attention, I would have to head up to the dealerships in Boulder or out in Aurora. Thanks for reminding me.

Brody
February 4th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Pathrat

Don't forget Stevenson's Toyota off of Indiana between Colfax and 6th near Denver West. They are basically down Ward Road from you near Tye's house.

Fortress of Tranquility
February 4th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I've had bulges in mine for over 2 years, but no ripping yet. I talked to another FJC owner the other day and he has a rip in his outer fender, but don't know yet if it is related.

Pathrat
February 4th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Pathrat

Don't forget Stevenson's Toyota off of Indiana between Colfax and 6th near Denver West. They are basically down Ward Road from you near Tye's house.

They are the one that wouldn't even do my differentials and t-case maintenance or alignment because of the lift. I have heard the Aurora dealership is 4x4 friendly.

Pathrat
February 4th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I've had bulges in mine for over 2 years, but no ripping yet. I talked to another FJC owner the other day and he has a rip in his outer fender, but don't know yet if it is related.

Mine look kind of bumpy but no tears. Seems like they have always looked like that too.

Funrover
February 4th, 2009, 10:10 PM
It's fun having the new model...

Chris
February 4th, 2009, 10:13 PM
They are the one that wouldn't even do my differentials and t-case maintenance or alignment because of the lift. I have heard the Aurora dealership is 4x4 friendly.

I know at least one mechanic at the east location (where I buy parts) is an off-road guy and the folks I've dealt with are good.

Pathrat
February 4th, 2009, 10:18 PM
It's fun having the new model...

It's my only model so I have nothing to compare to. :D

Pathrat
February 4th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I know at least one mechanic at the east location (where I buy parts) is an off-road guy and the folks I've dealt with are good.

Good to know if I need some dealership work beyond minor things that don't involve my suspension.

Fortress of Tranquility
February 5th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I have a really good contact at Burt Toyota, fellow off-roader and a lead mechanic there. I've been to Stevninson East abnd they were really friendly, but did not do the work I specifically asked them to do and it almost left me in Moab with no front diff. I've bought 2 rigs from Boulder Toyota and my experience with their shop/parts has been hit and miss, but one of their Toy techs is an off-roader as well. If you want to skip the dealership, Independent Motors in Boulder has my confidence.

Brody
February 5th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Ditto with Burt...Service and Parts...good all the way around. The only reason I mentioned Stevenson Toyota is because it is in Pathrat's neck of the woods...

I have dealt with Burt Toyota a number of years. They have always been friendly, the service has been great and they don't dicker when it comes to standing behind their work. A lot of the folks in the service department wheel, so you don't get dumbo looks when you ask a question regarding wheeling, either. I haven't had any real dealings with Stevenson other than the occasional part..which 90% of the time I have to go to Burt to get anyway....

Nice to have some feedback on Stevenson and some other places...

Pathrat
February 5th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Ditto with Burt...Service and Parts...good all the way around. The only reason I mentioned Stevenson Toyota is because it is in Pathrat's neck of the woods...

I have dealt with Burt Toyota a number of years. They have always been friendly, the service has been great and they don't dicker when it comes to standing behind their work. A lot of the folks in the service department wheel, so you don't get dumbo looks when you ask a question regarding wheeling, either. I haven't had any real dealings with Stevenson other than the occasional part..which 90% of the time I have to go to Burt to get anyway....

Thanks for the reminder Brody, forgot about the guys down there.

And Fortress, thanks for the suggestions up north as well as the Burt reference. :)

I have a decent place around me for general stuff but it is good to know where to go if I have some major malfunction, especially if it is something like a defect that has already been discovered in FJCs