PDA

View Full Version : Brody in de news

Brody
November 17th, 2008, 06:14 PM
So, before I get bombarded by a lot of questions, the Peter Brody mentioned in connection with the fire, etc, in Greenwood Village in the Rocky Mountain News is me. This was a multimillion dollar spec home that a partner and I built. It mysteriously burst into flames the other day...

I have a multitude of suits pending against all parties involved in the property as there was some very bad juju that went down without my knowledge. I was using the house as leverage against the involved parties in order to try to recoup my investment and any profits. The investment that I made happened to be my entire retirement fund. No house...no leverage...

This is all that I am going to say on this subject...

Chris
November 17th, 2008, 06:23 PM
All any off us can say is good luck Pete. I know these suits have been hanging over you for a long time and hope it comes to a conclusion before too much longer. At the very minimum I hope you can recoup your losses.

Barb, the insurance woman, wants to know the obvious - was it insured?

SCRubicon
November 17th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Barb, the insurance woman, wants to know the obvious - was it insured?

My wife was wondering the same thing. We hope it works out for you Pete.

Brody
November 17th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Yeah, by the folks that I am sueing...which rather conveniently solves suit and debt problems to the tune of $6-8 million bucks, does it not? And rather conveniently leaves me out in the wind with my pants down and peepee hanging out....

They have a name for this, the legal people do...

Chris
November 17th, 2008, 07:09 PM
The up-side would be you know they have a bundle of cash, now that you're front page (okay 6th page) news I would think some hot shot lawyers would be giving you a call.

But then again, I don't know sh*t. Hell, I don't even know the name legal people have for this?

InsanityIsBorn
November 17th, 2008, 08:30 PM
But then again, I don't know sh*t. Hell, I don't even know the name legal people have for this?

I believe its called "Getting F***ed" . . .:(

Jimmy
November 17th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I can't even imagine... I feel for you.

Pathrat
November 17th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I just read the full article. Amazing. Brody, you had spoken of this and I have to admit I thought of you when I read the initial story about the fire but I did not know that was 'the' house. There has got to be a paper trail; for cripe's sake you don't buy a house for $6.7 mil using monopoly money. I am sure I am not saying anything new but I am pleased there is media attention (which sometimes gets a fire started under someone's backside) and I really hope the cause of the fire is determined so if any party is responsible, they can be prosecuted. I would love to see you get your money back plus what you are owed.

Brody
November 18th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Got (and have had) a hot shot lawyer who I am buying a cool car for, I guess, much as it is costing(roughly 1/3 of my income). Have a trial date set up for sometime next year when all of the paper work (the for real paperwork) has to come to light-not just the (doctored)stuff the other people have shown their attorney's, but real bank records, etc, etc. So, yes, there is a paper trail a mile wide(which we have been following), but no one has had to provide 'real' records to their attorneys yet. And you wouldn't believe the flim flam money BS on the sale, either...

If the police and fire department find arson, people will get charged and no money paid to anyone. If they don't, Denver (and crew) will collect, my claim will be treated as a lien, and I will get paid, too. Then my other stuff becomes civil and I just have to figure out how to collect $500+k from my ex partner, and roughly the same from the investment bank, who are being investigated by their investors right now.

Now...what about spontaneous combustion, huh? Happens all of the time, right?

Funrover
November 18th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Holy crap..... I am really sorry to read this Pete, wish I was able to do something to help you. You always seem to help everyone else.

Patrolman
November 18th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Just a word of caution that this is a public forum and it creates a "what did you say to whom?" trail that can create conflicting stories on the stand if it gets there. Not that this is likely, but still a potential reality and one that makes your costs go up at the very least if the defense digs into finding out every person you said anything to (and I would think they will).

Sorry to hear about this, that's a bad situation.

Agreed... Public forums are exactly that. Great for exposure when you want to show off something, but bad if there is something that might create heartache.

Just as everyone else has stated, sorry to hear what happened. I hope that it all turns out for the best! Karma, karma, karma...

Brody
November 19th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the advice Nay. Nothing that was said isn't a matter of public record in some way, shape, or form right now anyway. The newspaper article is much the same...I never talked to anyone from the news or any news agency at all, yet my "quotes" were all through the story.

Stuff is all over the internet, especially at the Channel 9 and & blog sites...

Brody
November 23rd, 2008, 06:08 AM
I had assumed that what went on between a lawyer and his/her client was private and found out that it is, up to and until legal documents are filed. Then it becomes 'public record' which anyone can access, including the news agencies.

Now I know differently. Our lawyer recognized his style in some of my 'quotes', too. I was just a little PO'd as it came across that I actually did an interview (and I hate this stuff-I have refused to do book signings for Barnes and Nobles and Tattered Cover for the same reason-I do not like publicity)) and that Mike and crew didn't....

The lawyer did advise me to not 'go off' on the RMN people...he must have heard some rumors

Tye
November 23rd, 2008, 06:51 AM
This is the kinda stuff movies are made of...

mtnfj
November 25th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Hey man, I'm so sorry to hear about that. I know very well what it's like to have something like this happen. Maybe there will be a silver lining to this cloud somehow. Still, it's a tough thing to go through.

Brody
November 26th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Yep....still waiting for a copy of the 'owner's' insurance policy to show up at my lawyer's. Been talking to the detective investigating the case, too.

Arson?, he asks me

I laugh and reply 'you have much experience with unoccupied houses just busrting into flames?