Beefy
November 14th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Umm....no thanks! :eek::eek:

Squshiee1
November 14th, 2011, 07:22 PM
WOW! i would crap my huggies!

Funrover
November 14th, 2011, 07:25 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!! That is a commit or die obstacle WOW!!!

SCRubicon
November 14th, 2011, 07:27 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!! That is a commit or die obstacle WOW!!!

No kidding. It Makes Hell's Gate look safe.

Brody
November 14th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Pretty impressive!

Jim
November 14th, 2011, 09:06 PM
15 seconds of high rpm motor turn'n. High angle on the motor / oil pan. How's the oil pickup on that motor?

Perhaps a situation where'd you NOT want a low oil pressure ignition cut off switch.

Squshiee1
November 14th, 2011, 09:11 PM
I didn't think about that. That couldn't be good for the motor.

Michael4rnr
November 14th, 2011, 10:09 PM
That's scary. Looks so bad for the drive train and the motor.

Popsgarage
November 14th, 2011, 10:40 PM
OH, HELL YEAH!!! Did anybody notice how little wheel hop that thing had. One of the biggest keys to doing obstacles like that. That'd be to much fun.

glacierpaul
November 15th, 2011, 06:24 AM
SICK!!!! I would never take the Rubicon up that though....

Brody
November 15th, 2011, 07:23 AM
I can't think of too many things I would want to take on that of any make. What surprised me is the fact that where this guy has an obvious buggy/crawler, it isn't a low center of gravity 'moon buggy' style, which is what I would expect to see getting to the top. In fact, his rig sits pretty damn high, making it even more impressive.

That video was from the Southwest Crawlfest, I think. Here is the link to another video from that event. This one is titled "Jeep Rollover" as that guy follows another Jeep over the same obstacle, but does a little something wrong. There are a lot os other impressive videos linked to SWCF, most with some really good driving, and none quite as impressive as what Steve posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFb0bwyBNEM

Cr33p3r
November 15th, 2011, 07:46 AM
That is INSANE! Would be a BAD time for the motor to blow with the low oil pressure espescially if it had a front pickup tube and pump, it would be all down hill from there quick!!!!

SCRubicon
November 15th, 2011, 01:03 PM
That video was from the Southwest Crawlfest, I think. Here is the link to another video from that event. This one is titled "Jeep Rollover" as that guy follows another Jeep over the same obstacle, but does a little something wrong.

Ouch... I'd bet that second guy wishes he spent some money on a decent cage.

Brody
November 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Noticed that, did you? Me too. Roll BAR worked just fine, just left a little to be desired. Just a reminder of why I raised the stinger on my heap so that it was above my hood scoop and rather expensive supercharger.

Hypoid
November 15th, 2011, 04:10 PM
OH, HELL YEAH!!! Did anybody notice how little wheel hop that thing had. One of the biggest keys to doing obstacles like that. That'd be to much fun.I went to his youtube channel to see what he's running. Check out the videos of his girls wheeling it. http://www.youtube.com/user/tazuki1#p/u/10/gODXXe1hQBY

SCRubicon
November 15th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Noticed that, did you? Me too. Roll BAR worked just fine, just left a little to be desired. Just a reminder of why I raised the stinger on my heap so that it was above my hood scoop and rather expensive supercharger.

Here's one I found while watching the vid you posted. Zero to convertible in 14 seconds....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y7kAu6JlsU&feature=player_embedded#!

Rob
November 15th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I've seen that one. Scary. Interesting comment from the driver: "Apparently that's not the line to take?"

Or maybe too much skinny pedal.

Heather
November 15th, 2011, 04:54 PM
I'd bet that second guy wishes he spent some money on a decent cage.
Or a longer wheelbase 4 door! :lmao:

Brody
November 15th, 2011, 05:20 PM
With the exception of a very few idiots like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWyE6nYPRJ8&feature=related

That video is a Darwin in Action video, but this guy happened to be lucky. You are working on something less (a lot less...) than your primal brain stem when you are standing UNDER a rig in this situation. Darwin was obviously taking a break and equally obvious was the fact that this guy possessed a functioning autonomous nervous system or he would be something inanimate, like a tree stump.

It would be very beneficial to watch all of the videos from Southwest Crawlfest. This goes more for people who are new to wheeling than ones who aren't. You get to watch both short and longer wheelbase rigs on the exact same obstacles, how the drivers approach the obstacles, where they place their wheels and what direction the wheels are pointed in relation to the obstacle, etc. For the most part, all of the drivers shown in the videos are good drivers. The bad (or stupid ones) stand out like a skunk in church. Luckily there aren't many shown.

SCRubicon
November 17th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Or a longer wheelbase 4 door! :lmao:

No kidding. With the way it went over backwards you would never think it was the longer LJ.